Registration for Salvation Army Angel Tree program begins soon | Community Spirit
In a few weeks the Salvation Army will begin registration for their 2012 Angel Tree Christmas Assistance Program. The program focuses on giving children between the ages 0-12 a Christmas they may not have otherwise.
Residents who are stuggling financially and live in either Harrison County, Stone County, Jackson County, Pearl River County or George County are encouraged to apply.
The schedule for registration for Harrison, Stone, Jackson and Pearl River Counties is as follows:
Monday, October 15: 8:30am-4:00pm
Tuesday, October 16: 8:30am-4:00pm
Wednesday, October 17: 8:30am-7:00pm
Thursday, October 18: 8:30am-4:00pm
Friday, October 19: 8:30am-4:00pm
Saturday, October 20: 10:00am-2:00pm
Monday, October 22: 8:30am-4:00pm
Tuesday, October 23: 8:30am-4:00pm
Wednesday, October 24: 8:30am-7:00pm
Thursday, October 25: 8:00am-4:00pm
Friday, October 26: 8:30am-4:00pm
Hancock County is by appointment only. Please call 228-463-8887 for an appointment.
For more information for residents of George County, please call 601-530-0650.
Residents of Harrison, Pearl River and Stone Counties will need to register at The Salvation Army Area Command office located at 2019 22nd Street in Gulfport and can call 228-374-8301 for more information.
Residents of Jackson County will need to register at The Salvation Army of Jackson County office located at 3217 Nathan Hale Road in Pascagoula and can call 228-762-7222 for more information.
Residents of George County will need to register at The Salvation Army Family Store and Social Service Office located at 52 Virginia Street, Suite A in Lucedale and can call 601-530-0650 for more information.
Residents of Hancock need to call 228-463-8887 to schedule an appointment.
Head of Household must bring the following documentation:
- Valid State Issued Picture Identification cards for head of household and spouse.
- Parent or legal Guardian must apply for their own children
- Guardianship/Custody Documentation required if you are not listed on
- Birth certificate
- Original State Issued Birth Certificates for all children in the home, 0-12 years old, no copies or hospital certificates.
- Original Social Security Cards (no copies of cards, print out from Social Security office, or print out of shot records) and/or Certificate of Naturalization for EVERY household members.
- Certified Proof of ALL Income or NO Income Verification (Employment, DHS, Unemployment)
- Must present notarized statement of any income help from family members
- REQUIRED Verification of SSI/SSA/SSD, SNAP, TANF, Child Support, Alimony
- Proof of Residency, (Utility Bill, Rent/Lease Receipts)
- REQUIRED Proof of ALL Expenses (Household, Vehicles, Medical, Insurance, Furniture rental, etc.)
Those interested in registering for the Angel Tree program, but have registered for Christmas assistance with another agency, will not be allowed to register at The Salvation Army.